Sunday, May 13, 2018

Stress (5/7 - 5/11)

https://goo.gl/PqgHYF
Summary:

     Stress is a defense mechanism that a body has. It can be both beneficial or harmful. When the brain detects a threat, a chemical known as cortisol is released. This causes the person that is in dtress to be more alert and activates their fight or flight function. Cortisol is useful in order to get out of dangerous situations, but it can be harmful. High levels of it can impar certain parts of the brain such as motor skills, memory and thinking. If this isn’t stopped, then high levels of cortisol can lead to long term conditions such as depression, alzheimer’s, anxiety, anger and much more. To cope with stress, sleep and rest can remove the brain’s focus on the source of stress. Exercising can also help, as it does the same function while also being healthy.

SP8: Obtain, Evaluate, Communicate:

     This week I obtained data when designing an infographic to convey the effects of stress. First, I obtained information on the effects of stress by doing a Gooru assignments which taight me the basics of the impact of stress on the mind. To gather more information on this and evaluate on whether the information that I found was true or not, I went to other sites that discussed the same topic and observed if there was any common information. The common information that I found on the impacts of stress was then communicated in the infographic that my team and I designed.

No comments:

Post a Comment